Friday 25 January 2013

I AM DOING THIS HAPPILY...

 Stephen Kagoio INF Co - Founder



A past pupil of Don Bosco Primary School /Bosco Boys (1999-2008), Don Bosco Boys Town- Technical  (2009-2010)
I was born and raised up in one of the slums of Nairobi; therefore i know what it means to live in the "Ghettos".
One year ago i started working at Bosco Boys (Langata)  helping my young brothers in a bording section.
On the same year i composed a song "I Need a Friend". When i staged the song in one of the occasions  it touched the hearts of so many people. One of them was Br. Jay who suggested to use the song for a project and that is how we came up with the INF Project.
The project is a sign of Gratitude for what I received from the Salesians of Don Bosco.
They have taught me alot; thus; i am the way i am today because of what i received from them. It is also a gratitude to my sponsors of which  only few of them i know.
Thanks alot and God bless you all. 
I firmly believe that  INF is going to help our children to be optimistic about their lives. Its going to build unto them a sense of responsibility right from this age. Its going to free their minds and so be able to have a wide world view.
INF is a responce to a particular need of our children, a simple  need of someone to care and love them. I know their situation, and i know how love can transform the individual.
It transformed me and certainly it will transform them and many other children who are struggling to find their ways to a promising future.
I am Happy doing this coz i know for so doing I help the future generation.
thanks!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment